Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Elegant T.P. Holder

We have been working on our bathroom for quite some time, now. So, while I'm patiently waiting for everybody to do their thing, I am doing my thing....and my thing is to make lovely bathroom accessories.

This is how I made my simple but elegant T.P. holder. I have seen some things on the Internet similar to this.
DIY T.P. Holder

Here are two candle sticks which cost a total of $1.34 at my Salvation Army Thrift Store in Owensboro, Ky.
Centering Glass Candlestick

I am measuring all around the small candlestick on the top of the large candlestick for accurate placement.
Mark Placement With Pencil

I am using a glue which is supposed to hold glass and metal together even when wet or outside (time will tell). The glue is to be applied on both surfaces and let to cure for 5 minutes.
I Read Directions

I like to use my vintage timer for this.
I like the Rocket Design

I place the small candlestick on the large candlestick, weight it and wait for two hours.
Anything That Works is a Weight

Here is the finished T.P. holder with T.P. in its place.
Elegant TP Holder
 My family likes it.