Thursday, November 15, 2012

Drawing Room- Art Studio Makeover

The new Design Studio is finished.....until things change! I call it the Drawing Room because I mostly Draw in here.

Enter My Design Studio
After installing the yellow school lockers, I put the red bookcases on either side. I had to think of curtains. I wanted a strong color to balance the red and yellow...hmmm...blue completes the primary colors already in place. Now, this is cool...I had major yardage of this blue velvet (yes, Blue Velvet!) which my daughter had given me from an in law of hers. How perfect!

 
Red Book Cases


Here is the stack of red book cases to the left of the lockers. I love the paper bag color on the wall. My special "art pieces" look like they are in a gallery.

My "Blue Boy" is a prize possession.

This art collection consists of an unpainted plaster "Blue Boy" ($2 from a thrift store); My drawing after a sketch by Leonardo Da Vinci; Shadow box of thinking monkeys ($1.50 from thrift store); Little clay pots which I untangled from a macrame net ($1 yard sale).

Red Book Case

Here are the stacked red book cases to the right of the lockers. It is so great to have all my books in one place.

Shoe Form Assemblage

The great shoe forms finally have a place. The boxes are each $1 finds from junking days. The little chalkboard (So sweet) has the original mmm's that were there when I bought the chalkboard for $2 somewhere.  I sprayed the chalkboard with a fixative so that the mmm's will stay put.

Even though space for storage is always at a premium, I decided to give myself a treat by having these small spaces dedicated to somewhat orderly assemblages.