Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Butterfly Crayon Stand

99 cents thrift find
Before And After!

I believe that this butterfly stand was meant as a votive candle holder. I picked it up at my thrift store for 99 cents and had absolutely no idea what the end use would be.


I was painting some fabric for an unrelated project and thought that this stand would be pretty painted in the same colors and the same way as the fabric.


Yellow paint helps to blend green and orange





I painted the stand in these colors of craft paint, blending the colors as I went along.










Painted Crayon Stand





 As you can see, I concentrated some areas of green and orange and used the yellow to blend the colors.





Painted Butterfly Crayon Stand




I found the glass cups and added the crayons. My little grandchildren love to color using this little stand.