Monday, July 18, 2011

Blue and White Back Porch Makeover


Bluebird Vignette On Fleamarket Tray




When I decided to redo the back porch...Again... I needed a little inspiration. It came in the form of this little ceramic bluebird....blue and white and natural! I had been gathering fleamarket chairs and tables, ideas, aluminum trays, etc. I was ready.




Before Pic Back Porch




Fleamarket Things Gathered and Ready
The wooden pallets will not be painted...I use these for too many things to fancy them up. They were just moved. 








Table Legs are Big Candleholders
The creamy table was constructed from wood..salvaged from a retail store redo... four $1 thrift store wooden candleholders...and molding purchased at a fleamarket...cheep cheeep cheeeep! Maybe the little bird inspired me just then. Scot used really big bolts and screws to put the legs on, then he made a lovely edge with the molding. I got out my gallon of ooops! creamy white paint (3.99) and gave it several coats.



All the Chairs are Thrift Finds!!!

 The four directors chairs had a terrible brown print  fabric for the seat and back pieces. Scot suggested I just dye the pieces dark blue....he is so smart...it was perfect and fast and I love RIT dye!!!!!!


The View from the Porch..unstaged
The backyard is kind of a mess, but you can see the pool and part of my garden. I built steps and some of the garden spaces on the slopes with my trusty shovel.