Friday, July 22, 2011

Me: Before and After


Before: Mid-century Modern




 I found this picture of me when I was 4 years old and scanned it. I just wanted to save it and didn't really think about how I would use it. So, some friends and I were talking about our ages and I realized that I was mid-century modern, so now I am vintage.

I decided to describe my makeover.




After: Vintage!








First, I grew taller because I was too short for my purpose. At the same time, I worked on experience and gaining knowledge. The experience and knowledge added a patina for that aged look. Finally,I added several coats of paint and some embellishments to dress up the look.....you know, kind of shabby chic, especially because I've gotten a little chippy and distressed over the years.

I ended up being a rather versatile piece that works pretty well in just about any room in the house.